Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Formats of sop letters

Statement of purpose


I always remember the instant when I was in primary school, an electrician came to our house to repair our old television set. I stood beside him watched carefully what he did. I saw a board which had tiny colored toys like structures standing on the board. He was checking front and back faces of that board with a meter in his hand and was doing something with a gun like machine. I was really amazed how he could make out the fault by seeing tiny lines behind that board. How that TV could catch a cricket match going on somewhere in other part of the world. I started doing that type of electric stuffs by opening our old radio set, at last receiving bashings from my mother.

From that day I wanted to know about the communication devices, therefore I chose to do my bachelor degree in engineering with telecommunication as my major in Siddaganga institute of the technology, a top ranked college for engineering in India. I am really awestruck by the mobile which could transmit & receive video, text, audio signals which are actually in 0, 1 i.e. digital format. I always work in PC by doing the programming for playing the multimedia files. I am practicing violin from my high school days and one of my future ambitions is to build my own digital instrument which could do anything for a musician or music director. Therefore I want to have master’s degree in electrical engineering doing specialization in “Digital signal processing” in any one of the premier US universities and also want to do PhD on application of DSP technology to medical field.

As my academic project, I implemented “direct sequence spread spectrum” a technology used in CDMA mobiles, and “atmel series microcontroller programmer using 89c52” as my final year project. I did my final year project in suyoga technologies, Bangalore a leading company in providing embedded technology solutions.

Now I am working on a .net project under contract for Enterprise software solutions lab, Bangalore. This experience is helping for better understanding of the computer technologies, computer networks. I am also having extra course on RTOS, Linux internals in Cranes software, Bangalore, an authorized training institute for Mathworks Ltd. which would help me for my research. Linux is such operating system which gives universality, efficient interface for any type of application.

In addition I have been a student member of the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.) for the past two years. Through its workshops/seminars and publications like 'The Spectrum’ have exposed me to a lot of emerging technologies in the field of communications.

I have chosen US as it is a “land of rising technologies”. To get guidance under such eminent professors, scientists, inventors, it’s a great pleasure for any type of students. US have many universities which encourage research, and in the eye of the people of the world, US is a great land to pursue any type of education. Its highly cultured society, friendly environment, advanced fields of education motivates me and a great pride to be a part of this type of society. Thus conditions here are very conducive to supplement my aspirations when I return to India after completing my studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment